CEBU / FASHION / Athleisure
Founder: Victoria Ong
1. What got you started with this brand? What was your inspiration? What is the idea/concept behind it?
I really just wanted to wear cute tops that had sleeves because I was always too shy to work out in just a sports bra or sleeveless top. It was so hard to find workout tops with sleeves, besides the usual basic tee, so I just decided to design my own. Besides having sleeves, I still wanted this new workout top design to show off my sports bra (because I buy cute sports bras for a reason hahaha)–and the WHY KNOT TOP was born. It was the perfect solution: it had sleeves, an open back to show off my sports bra, plus it still looked really cute.
2. What is your personal favorite product from your brand?
My favorite top would have to be the WHY KNOT TOP. The TWIST TOP comes next.
3. What do you want people to experience with your brand/product(s)?
I really just want gals to feel confident, comfy, and cute in our brand’s activewear. Our designs are functional and cute at the same time. They’re something you can wear everyday, everywhere, and for everything else besides gym-ing.
4. What tips and advice can you give to entrepreneurs who are just starting out or are planning to start their own brand?
Be real and stick with something you can personally relate to. If you yourself don’t love the products you’re creating and selling, how do you expect your buyers to love them?
5. What’s next for your brand?
We are hoping to start a lifestyle clothing line with that chill-lounge-leisure-yet-still-athletic vibe and aesthetic.
Follow Version Activewear PH on IG!