CDO / FOOD / Breakfast and Snacks / Breads and Pastries
Founders: Bea Lim and Leane Lim
1. What got you started with this brand? What was your inspiration? What is the idea/concept behind it?
Beleán Bakehouse was born out of our passion for creating unique and quality pastries. When we were doing our internship in Hong Kong, croissants were our go-to on-the-go breakfast. We’d stop over a bakery that was along the way, get our croissants, and pair it with a cup of coffee before getting to work. We just couldn’t get enough of the buttery and flaky goodness that seemed to fill us up every single time. Now that we’re back in our hometown, we searched high and low for the same quality croissants we had back there. Unfortunately, we just couldn’t find one. So we thought, why not make them ourselves? It took us almost a year to perfect the line-up of croissants we have now and we’re honestly just so happy of the response we’re getting.
2. What is your best-selling product?
Every single one from our line-up of croissants has been uniquely curated in a way where each one tastes different from the other. Since our launch, we can say that our Pain Au Chocolat, otherwise known as Chocolate Croissant, is definitely a frontrunner because who doesn’t love chocolate? We made sure to use quality chocolate that tastes as authentic as the ones used in Europe. As for our savory croissants, our Tuna Melt Croissant seems to be the majority’s favorite as well. Once warmed up in the oven, it’s definitely the best thing you’ll ever have. What people will soon take notice is that we never skimp out on our ingredients as well. You really get what you pay for.
3. What do you want people to experience with your brand/product(s)?
With the pandemic going on and everyone’s travel plans being put on hold, we just really wanted to bring authentic croissants to people’s homes. Maybe it’ll cure a little bit of their travel bug. If we’re lucky, maybe our croissants could be a breakfast staple they’d want to enjoy at least once a week.
4. What tips and advice can you give to entrepreneurs who are just starting out or are planning to start their own brand?
- Don’t be afraid to start small. Everyone starts small. Humble yourself.
- Give yourself time to properly plan things. How do you want your brand to look like? What kind of products do you want to put out? How can you make your brand last?
- Ensure to provide your customers the best quality products. It took us almost a year to do our research & development because we didn’t want products that were only “good enough”–we wanted them to be really good.
- Be your own brand ambassador. You know that saying “No one is going to love you if you don’t love yourself”? It’s pretty much the same thing for your brand. You are your own brand ambassador first. The more you love the products you put out, the more people will reciprocate it.
5. What’s next for your brand?
We’re going to keep on innovating and release more pastries soon. But of course our goal for the near future, when everything’s all right with the world again, is to be able to open a physical store. A café perhaps? But we’ll see. The possibilities are endless. Nothing’s stuck on stone yet. We’ll be here for as long as people want us to be.
6. What other additional information and details would you like to share?
Keep an eye out for our new product releases. And if you’ve ordered from us, please leave us a good review on our Facebook page! That would really help us a lot.